Our Legal Services
Kates & Barlow, PC, is dedicated to providing the best legal representation to individuals facing difficult
personal and financial decisions arising from divorce, separation, child custody, visitation, alimony, property division, paternity, and related matters. Kates & Barlow ’s team of renowned divorce lawyers provides the following legal services:
Financial Issues of Divorce
- Substantial familiarity and experience in high net worth cases;
- Valuing closely-held businesses and private investments with a view towards structuring property settlements;
- Working closely with experts to litigate the value of marital assets;
- Determining the true economic benefit or income a person receives from a privately held business for purposes of determining support;
- Locating and tracing marital assets and income;
- Litigating the enforceability of premarital and post-marital agreements;
- Structuring support arrangements to achieve maximum total after-tax family cash flow;
- Achieving practical, cost-effective approaches to resolving complex financial issues.
Post-Divorce Financial Issues
- Implementation and enforcement of prior judgments or agreements;
- Seeking or defending against modification of alimony and child support.
Child Custody Issues
- Advising clients in establishing comprehensive Parenting Plans;
- Litigating all aspects of child custody including legal and physical custody; abuse; neglect; parental competency; substance abuse and fitness; paternity; special needs issues; relocation and removal; adoption; termination of parental rights; and jurisdictional issues;
- Post-divorce modification issues.
Pre, Post-, Non-Marital and Separation Agreements
- Negotiating and drafting comprehensive premarital, post-marital and non-marital (co-habitation) agreements in addition to separation agreements in anticipation of divorce;
- Litigating the enforceability of such agreements.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Advising clients engaged in various forms of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation, conciliation, and arbitration;
- Offering services in arbitration and conciliation;
- Actively representing clients in the alternative dispute resolution context.