Kevin M. Corr
Kevin M. Corr is a cum laude graduate of Suffolk University Law School (1992) and Syracuse University (1988). He has been engaged in the practice of Family Law for over twenty-five years. Mr. Corr is rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubble, and he became a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML) in 2004. He was honored to present his Summary of Family Law Cases at AAML year-end meetings (2009-2012), to be part of MCLE’s Family Law Case Update programs, to have participated in a prior MBA Family Law Conference regarding Recent Developments in Family Law, and to have Chaired MCLE’s program Premarital, Marital & Separation Agreements (2012-2014).
Mr. Corr’s practice covers all areas of Family Law with a focus on divorce, property division, modification matters and support issues. He is recognized by Boston Magazine as one of Massachusetts’ “Super Lawyers” (2008-2017).
Mr. Corr successfully co-counseled the trial (2008) and appeal (2009-2010) that led to the Supreme Judicial Court’s decision in Ansin v. Craven-Ansin, 457 Mass. 283 (July 2010), a case of first impression in which the SJC approved the use of mid-marriage (post-nuptial) agreements between spouses (now called “marital agreements”). For his work in that case, Mr. Corr was recognized by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly as one 2010’s “Lawyers of the Year.” Of special interest to Mr. Corr, and a focus of his practice, is litigation involving the validity and enforceability of pre- and post-marital agreements later challenged or contested by one of the contracting parties. He is a frequent panel member on family law-oriented continuing education programs, and has authored articles in the field. He has chaired the MBA program entitled Attacking & Defending Premarital and Marital Agreements – What You Need to Know, participated in 2015’s How to Try Divorce Cases (MCLE) and been a panelists in other continuing legal education programs of that variety.
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML), Fellow
- MA Family & Probate American Inn of Court, Program Committee member
Awards & Appointments
- "AV Preeminent" rating by LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell
- Boston Magazine, Super Lawyer since 2008
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly "Lawyers of the Year" - 2010
- Board of Bar Overseers' Pro Bono Panel - 2018 through 2019
- Best Lawyers in America - since 2018
- MCLE How to Try Divorce Cases - 2015
- MCLE Premarital, Marital & Separation Agreements - Chairman 2012 -2014
- AAML year-end meetings Summary of Family Law Cases - 2009 -2012
- MCLE Family Law Case Update programs
- MBA Recent Developments in Family Law
- MBA Attacking & Defending Premarital and Marital Agreements - What you Need to Know, Chair